Skip to main content

Setara bibi under the lamp post - Literature - observerbd.com

Setara bibi under the lamp post - Literature - observerbd.com : The glittering city aroundLife is rich with red, blue light of neonWide sky over the headPieces of moonlight, scatteredAnd in that splashed pieces of meteorThose are taken by the scientists of NASASo height the civilization reachesThis city is the flow of happiness nowSome men like us pass the wayWith frustration

THE WINDFALL (short story)



I was never lucky enough to get any windfall nor I think to get it from the core of my heart. But one day it happened beyond by expectation. I met a gentleman and he said to me to take a briefcase from him. I was astonished enough and become fragile to have it though I was not of that type. I actually could not guess what was going to happen. But it happened when he really handed over it to me and left that place. I opened it and fell into a deep surprise. It was full of gold bars and coins. I scratched them all and then it seemed to me apparently that they were original.

When I brought out them all then the real surprise came out. There was a beheaded head of a young lady wet with fresh blood. I got illusion and tried to catch the man. But it was quite impossible in such a type of mega city where roads are always over crowded by various types of people. So I missed him and found myself in a dilemma. The man put a note of discord in my simple life and made me astonished to much. It was not a time to remain cold but I did it due to my long practice. I took the decision. It was simple and I went to the nearest thana to inform it to the police. They thought me as mad as one can be. They did not care the matter at all and took all the gold bars and coins and through the beheaded head into the dustbin and called me to go to my destination. But when I said them that I have no destination then they show me the road and mentioned it as my destination.

I came out from the thana and started to my home. The man blocked my path and asked me why I went to the thana. I answered that he put me into danger and I was lucky enough to get rid of that horrible situation. I also added that he should not do it as I am a gentleman and neutral passerby. He informed me that all the gold bars and coins were original and the beheaded head were false. It was a test for me and I lost my first chance to get any windfall. I told him that I never expected to have any windfall. He said to me that it was nice to say for me because I was poor enough and he followed me last there months. I asked him that from where he got bars and coins. He told me that they were windfall and it was more needful for me than him. That is why he decided to give it to me. I did not feel any frustration and followed the road to my home. He said to me that we will meet gain in such a dilemma.

Few months later another man came to me and called me to go with him. I asked him where to go. He did not answer. It was considered as a puzzle for me. I wanted to prove myself as a risk taker and went with him. I lost a good amount of money by chance and returned to my home with a broken mind. Nothing uncommon happened. No windfall attained. Just some hassles on body and mind rested. I lost confidence. I believed that windfall is not for me.

After a long period a poor man stopped me on my way. He called me to give him some money. I did not give it to him. I thought it another trap for me. I passed him away and he went out of my sight. I had no feeling at all. It seemed to me that I was right and remained happy.

One day I was crossing the road near my house. One of my merely known neighbors called me said to me that he has got the touch of good luck. I asked him how. He said that few days ago a poor man called him to give him some money. He gave it to him and he was happy to do it. Then that poor man gave him an old and dirty box apparently looked like an antique. He took it and after opening he got a good number of pieces of diamonds. He sold it in the market and got huge amount of money from which he has bought all of his life. But at the same time he lost one thing. He could not sleep. The thought of his wealth always irritates him in different ways. It is unbearable. I crossed him and took a decision of not to take any windfall. My life was as like as it was. I found myself in peace and happiness. But it was for some moments. Why? I do not know.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

মিথ-পুরাণ ও বিষ্ণু দে-র কবিতা / সৈয়দ কওসর জামাল

মিথ কী ও কেন মিথ বিষয়টিকে জানা ও বোঝার জন্য বিগত শতকের মধ্যবর্তী সময় থেকে নৃতত্ত্ববিদ, সমাজবিদ, এমনকি সাহিত্য সাহিত্য সমালোচকের মধ্যে উৎসাহের অন্ত নেই। অজ¯্র গ্রন্ত এ বিষয়ে রচিত হয়েছে। বিচিত্র এসবের বিষয়, বিচিত্র এইসব গবেষকদের দৃষ্টিভঙ্গি। এই প্রেক্ষিতে মিথের কোনো  সৃনির্দিষ্ট সংজ্ঞা নির্ধারণ করা বেশ দুরুহ। কোনো পক্ষ থেকে নৃতত্বের পাঠকদের জানানো হয়েছে যে প্রাচীন ও আধুনিক সাহিত্যে তারা যে মিথের ব্যবহার দেখে থাকেন, তা আসলে মিথ-ই নয়। কেননা তাদের কোনো ধর্মীয় ও আনুষ্ঠানিক সংযোগ নেই। কেউ আবার আধুনিক লেখদের ‘মিথোম্যানিয়া’ সম্পর্কেও পাঠকদের সতর্ক করেছেন, কারণ এ হল ইতিহাস থেকে প্রতিক্রিয়াশীল পশ্চাদপসারণ। এ সব সত্ত্বেও সাহিত্য মিথের ব্যবহার সক্রিয় আর বুদ্ধিবৃত্তি বা নন্দনতত্ত্বের সঙ্গে মানিয়ে চলার ক্ষমতা মিথের আছে। বরং নৃতত্ত্ব ও মনোবিজ্ঞান মিথ সম্পর্কে আমাদের আগ্রহ আরো বাড়িয়ে দিয়েছে। মিথ সম্পর্কে ব্যাখ্যাও জটিল হয়েছে। প্রত্যেকটি শাখার গবেষকরাই তাদের নিজস্ব তত্ত্বের আলোকে মিথকে সংজ্ঞায়িত করার চেষ্টা করেছেন। এখানে আমাদের বলার কথা এই যে মানবসমাজের গোড়ায় আদিম ধর্মীয় স্তর থেকে অবচেতন  মনের আধুনিক অ

UCPDC - 600 Bangla

ইউসিপিডিসি-৬০০ ধারা-১ঃ ইউসিপিডিসি-এর প্রয়োগঃ ইউসিপিডিসি এর ২০০৭ সালের সংশোধনী আইসিসি পাবলিকেশন ৬০০ এর বিধি বা ধারাসমূহ (স্ট্যাণ্ড বাই লেটার অব ক্রেডিট সহ) সকল এলসিতে প্রয়োগ হবে। এলসিতে নির্দিষ্ট কোন স্থানে উল্লেখ না করলে তা সকল পক্ষের উপরই কার্যকর হবে। ধারা-২ঃ সংজ্ঞা ঃ অন্য কোন অর্থে ব্যবহার না করলে এই বিধিতে এ্যাডাভাইজিং ব্যাংক বলতে সেই ব্যাংককে বোঝাবে যে ইস্যুইং ব্যাংক এর অনুরোধে ঋণপত্র সুবিধা প্রদান করে। গ্রাহক বলতে সেই পক্ষকে বোঝাবে যার অনুরোধে ঋণ সুবিধা প্রদান করা হয়। ব্যাংকিং কর্ম দিবস বলতে সেই দিনকেই বুঝাবে যেদিন ব্যাংক একটি নির্দিষ্ট স্থানে উক্ত বিধি অনুযায়ী নিয়মিতভাবে তার প্রত্যাহিক কর্মকাণ্ড পরিচালনা করে। বেনিফিসিয়ারী বলতে সেই পক্ষকে বুঝাবে যার পক্ষে ঋণ সুবিধা প্রদান করা হয়েছে। কমপ্লাইং প্রেজেণ্টেশন বলতে সেই প্রেজেণ্টেশনকে বুঝাবে যা ঋণের সকল শর্তানুযায়ী করা হয়েছে এবং আন্তর্জাতিক আদর্শ ব্যাংকিং চর্চার আওতাধীন। কনফার্মেশন বলতে কনফার্মিং ব্যাংক এর পাশাপাশি ইস্যুইং ব্যাংক কর্তৃক সুনির্দিষ্টভাবে একটি কমপ্লাইং প্রেজেণ্টেশনকে অনুমোদন ঝুঝায়। কনফার্মিং ব্যাংক বলতে সেই ব্যাংককে ঝুঝা

ইতিহাসের কবি, কবির ইতিহাস : জীবনানন্দ দাশ / সৈয়দ কওসর জামাল

What thou lov`st is thy true heritage! উত্তরাধিকার হিসেবে আমরা যা কিছু পাই, তার মধ্যেকার ভালোটুকু এবং ইতিহাসের প্রতি যথাযথ দৃষ্টিভঙ্গি প্রকাশের ক্ষেত্রে এজরা পাউন্ডের এই পংক্তিটি প্রবাদ হয়ে আছে। এই হেরিটেজ-এর প্রতি মমত্ব যেমন সমাজবদ্ধ মানুষের সহজাত, কবিও তেমনি এখানে খুঁজে পান তাঁর ইতিহাসচেতনার আধারটিকে। হেরিটেজ যেমন ইতিহাস হয়ে ওঠে, এই ইতিহাসও তেমনি কবিতার হেরিটেজ হয়ে যায়। ইতিহাস বিচ্ছুরিত আলো কবির মুখে পড়ে, আর কবিতাও সেই আলোর স্পর্শ পায়।     ইতিহাসে আছে আমাদের রাষ্ট্রীয় ও সমাজজীবনের এক ব্যাপক বিস্তার। এই বিস্তারের দিকে কবিকেও চোখ রাখতে হয়। তবে তা পুঙ্খানুপুঙ্খ তথ্যের জন্য নয়, ইতিহাসের ভিতরের সারসত্যটুকু ও ইতিহাসের মর্মকথাটিকে নিজস্ব দৃষ্টিভঙ্গির অলোকে খুঁজে নেওয়ার জন্য। কবির চেতনার আলোকে ইতিহাসের দুএকটি মর্মকথা বা সত্যসূত্র শুধু উদ্ভাসিত হয়ে ওঠে। একেই আমরা কবির ইতিহাসচেতনার বলি, যা বহুস্তরীয়, আর তাকে প্রকাশিত হতে দেখি কবিতায় কতো বিচিত্র ভঙ্গিতে। কাব্যপ্রক্রিয়ার এই চেতনা অতি সূক্ষ্মভাবে এক বিশেষ মাত্রা যোগ করে দেয়। অন্য সে কবিতা ইতিহাস নয় ইতিহাসের সারমর্মটুকু বুকে ধরে রাখে। ইতিহাসপাঠে